GYMHEADZ™ Data Security
How will you protect my data online?
When you order with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address and credit and debit card details. A contact telephone number may also be required so that we may contact you urgently if there is a problem with your order. All this is necessary to process your request or notify you of acceptance of your order.
Our site uses secure server software to protect your information whenever you place an order or access your account information. This software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us to minimise the risk of this being intercepted before it is received by us. We also follow a tight security procedure as required under UK Data Protection Legislation (the Data Protection Act 1998) to protect the information that we store about you from unauthorised access.
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you may be used for the following purposes - dealing with orders and accounts, processing payments, credit reference checking, fraud detection and research.
Our cookies do not contain any personal information about you and are used only to determine your browser and user preferences for our site. This helps us to provide you with the best service and to make it easier when you shop. You can, if you prefer, set up your internet browser to not accept cookies. You should still be able to use our site without having cookies enabled.
Our website uses both persistent and session cookies:
- Persistent cookies are used to allow the website to recognise users when they return to the site and to remember certain information about their preferences. These cookies are cookies which stay on your computer permanently, until you "manually" delete them.
- Session cookies are used in order to allow customers to carry information across pages of the website, without having to re-enter such information. These cookies delete themselves automatically when you leave a website and go to another, or when you shut down your browser.
We have also developed relationships with carefully selected and monitored partners, to assist in the delivery of a high quality website. Some of these partners may also set cookies during your visit to support customisation of adverts that you may see elsewhere on the Internet, and/or in order to meet contractual obligations with us.
While these cookies do not store any personal details relating to you or your credit cards, please note we do not have access or control over the cookies and similar technologies that our partners use.
- Google Analytics, allowing us to understand how visitors are interacting with site processes, to allow us to optimise the site to drive better performance.
- Targeting cookies (Criteo, Captify, Affiliate Window, Google) are used to track referrals from other sites, allowing us to track the success of our marketing campaigns and better target relevant information to our users.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
|COOKIE name||COOKIE Description|
|CART||The association with your shopping cart.|
|CATEGORY_INFO||Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.|
|COMPARE||The items that you have in the Compare Products list.|
|CURRENCY||Your preferred currency|
|CUSTOMER||An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.|
|CUSTOMER_AUTH||An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.|
|CUSTOMER_INFO||An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.|
|CUSTOMER_SEGMENT_IDS||Stores the Customer Segment ID|
|EXTERNAL_NO_CACHE||A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.|
|FRONTEND||You sesssion ID on the server.|
|GUEST-VIEW||Allows guests to edit their orders.|
|LAST_CATEGORY||The last category you visited.|
|LAST_PRODUCT||The most recent product you have viewed.|
|NEWMESSAGE||Indicates whether a new message has been received.|
|NO_CACHE||Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.|
|PERSISTENT_SHOPPING_CART||A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.|
|POLL||The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.|
|POLLN||Information on what polls you have voted on.|
|RECENTLYCOMPARED||The items that you have recently compared.|
|STF||Information on products you have emailed to friends.|
|STORE||The store view or language you have selected.|
|VIEWED_PRODUCT_IDS||The products that you have recently viewed.|
|WISHLIST||An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.|
|WISHLIST_CNT||The number of items in your Wishlist.|
How do you protect the information you hold about me on your internal systems?
We protect your privacy in several ways:
- Access to customer account information is limited to those who need access for the performance of their job.
- We use full login and password controls on our system.
- All full and part-time employees are required to sign a confidentiality clause as part of their terms of employment.
- All calls are recorded and monitored for training and security purposes.
- Confidentiality and database access controls are reviewed periodically and updated as required to further protect our personal data.
If for any reason you are unsure about the personal and account information we are holding in your name, please contact us. We will happily review your file and update the records if required. You can call us on 01206 222 018 (Monday - Friday 9.00am to 6.00pm) or email us on email@example.com.
How safe are my credit or debit card details on your site?
We know that security is a major concern to many of our customers. We have put a very secure system in place so you can feel completely at ease when shopping with us over the Internet.
We feel confident that credit card information entered on our site will not be accessed by any unauthorised person or company. Our secure sockets layer (SSL) uses 128-bit encryption, which is the highest level possible. Once your order has been transferred to our order processing system all credit card details are removed from the website as an added precaution and our sales order processing system and internal network are protected by the latest proxy technology. This does mean you have to give your card details every time you place an order with us but this minor inconvenience does ensure that it is totally safe to shop with GYMHEADZ.
Do you have Trusted Shop (Internet Shopping is Safe) accreditation? You can shop online with us in confidence as the Trusted Shop logo certifies that we have
- Registered with the Trusted Shop programme and undertaken to trade in a manner that is legal, decent, honest, truthful and fair.
- Had our website and service reviewed and monitored by IMRG (Interactive Media Retail Group).
- Had our business, VAT and Data Protection registrations checked by IMRG.
Our Mailing List
Can I be removed from your mailing list?
GYMHEADZ™ will send you special offers and promotions by email. If you do not want to receive offers and promotions by email, you can unsubscribe here. Please remember it can take up to 21 days to fully remove you from our email mailing list so you may receive one or two more. If you do not want to receive offers and promotions by post, let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I go back on your Mailing List?
If you have previously asked us not to send offers but have changed your mind please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
Will you pass my data on to third parties?
GYMHEADZ™ will never pass on your email address to a third party for marketing purposes.
From time to time we may send you details by post from companies whose products and services may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of third party offers and promotions let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
We respect your privacy and are committed to protect it.